You are invited to a follow-up Public Workshop to help us finalize our Community Health Monitoring Program.
- When: Thursday, October 15, 2009; 6:15 – 8:45pm
- Where: City Hall East Annex, 2434 Vermont Street
- RSVP: Please RSVP to Aileen McEldowney at 708.396.7036.
On June 10, 2009, the City of Blue Island held a public workshop and brainstorming session focused on redevelopment and community health. Partners at this meeting included:
- • City of Blue Island-Community Development Department (BICDD)
- • Blue Island Healthy Communities
- • Agency for Toxic Substance & Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- • Cook County Department of Public Health (CCDPH)
- • USEPA-Region 5 Brownfields
- • Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP)
The goal of the June 10th workshop was to determine which health and quality of life issues are most important to the Blue Island community.
The public input received at the June 10th workshop was compiled into a matrix of community identified public health concerns and preliminary indicators that will allow us to measure the effects of redevelopment on community health and quality of life.
On Thursday, October 15, a follow-up workshop will be held to share and discuss the results of the June meeting. Our goal is to finalize a plan that will enable us to track improvements in public health and quality of life issues as the City moves forward with the redevelopment efforts identified in the Blue Island Plan.
In the Quick Links section at the bottom of this page, you will find links to the Draft Action Model Matrix and an overview of the Community Health Monitoring Program. This information will also be available at the October 15th meeting.