2 public meetings were held for the Blue Island Plan Update.
- Workshop 1, held 2/25/2009, served as an informational session of what goals of the Plan have been met while also allowing residents to see other projects occurring in Blue Island.
- Workshop 2, held 3/04/2009, was a interactive design charette focused on the TOD & Streetscaping on Western Ave.
Workshop 1: 2/25/2009 Informational Meeting
Workshop 1 was set up as 4 informational stations: Development Projects; Cal-Sag Trail and Housing; Downtown Redevelopment; Brownfields Redevelopment.
Station I: Development Projects
- • Blue Island Land Use Manager presented an overview of completed and ongoing development projects in Blue Island and explained progress on implementaion of the city-wide priorities detailed in the Blue Island Plan.
- • KLOA, transportation planning consultant for the Western Avenue Cooridor project, presented a simulation of an uncoupled (1-way) Western/Gregory Ave traffic pattern based on early results of the Western Avenue Traffic Study.
Development Project Station Materials
Station II: Cal-Sag Trail and Housing
Station III: Downtown Redevelopment
- • Downtown Redevelopment Presentation
Station IIII: Brownfields Redevelopment
- • Brownfields Redevelopment Presentation
Workshop 2: 3/04/2009 Design Charette
Workshop 2 included 2 interactive charettes that allowed residents to design their ideal streetscape and downtown development scenario.