Through this holiday weekend, our area will be experiencing above normal temperatures. Make sure you stay safe and remember the contact information for the City of Blue Island Public Safety agencies
|Blue Island Police Department||13031 Greenwood Ave||(708)-597-8601|
|Blue Island Fire Department||2450 Vermont St||(708) 396-7072|
|Non-emergency number||13031 Greenwood Ave||(708) 385-1313|
Below are some reminders regarding when dealing with the heat:
- Drink lots of water. Avoid alcoholic beverages, coffee and soft drinks.
- Check on family members, friends and neighbors to make sure they stay cool and safe, especially the very young and the elderly especially if they are vulnerable or do not have air conditioning.
- Take regular breaks in the shade or in an air-conditioned room.
- Keep electric lights off or turned down.
- Cover windows that receive morning or afternoon sun
- Take cool baths or showers.
- Spend as little time as possible in the sun
- Avoid or minimize physical exertion.
- Do not sit in a hot car, even for a short time.