Many people enjoyed the Annual City of Blue Island Christmas Light Parade held on December 6th. The Parade would not have been possible without the participation of the following businesses and organizations. A huge thanks to:
– Blue Island Arts Alliance – Carollers – thanks to Becky Denny for coordinating. https://www.facebook.com/BlueIslandArtsAlliance
– Blue Island Bicycle – Decorated Bikes – Jane Healy did a great job of getting the group together and having everyone light up their bikes! http://www.bibc.us/
– Blue Island Park District – Frozen Themed Float – Who doesn’t like Frozen…great job! http://blueislandparks.org/
– Calumet Township – The Township Bus was decorated beautifully and kept Santa & Mrs. Santa Warm until the parade started! https://www.facebook.com/calumettownship
– City of Blue Island Float – sponsored by the BIIP. Beautiful Float, highlighting Santa & Mrs. Claus!
– Cook County School District 130 – Band and Choir members walking group – it was wonderful to see how many students participated! http://www.district130.org/
– Double Play Saloon – Float – thanks to Tom Cheatle, new owner of Double Play, for a great entry.https://www.facebook.com/pages/Double-Play-Saloon/119836136367
– Eisenhower High School Band – Great Job. Very talented,extra proud because a lot of us are alumni…go DDE!http://chsd218.eisenhower.schoolfusion.us/?sessionid=c83002e5929b64cd1d82f5d9c6496ebd&t
– Girls on the Run – School District 130 4th & 5th Grade Running Group – what energy! Did a great job. http://www.district130.org/our_schools/paul_revere_intermediate/activities.aspx
– Latin Rhythm Lounge – New Parade Entry – Walking Group – distributed free appetizer leaflets…a great new restaurant in Blue Island! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Latin-Rhythm-Lounge/514954968636863?sk=info&tab=overview
– Lillian’s Antiques – Decorated 1946 Ford Stake Bed Truck – the Truck was decorated beautifully and really represented the quality of antiques in Lillian’s Antiques! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Antique-Shop-Lillians-Attic/154414114597412
– MetroSouth Medical Center – MetroSouth so generously sponsored “Those Funny Little People” walking/talking Elves. Thanks MetroSouth…the Elves were the life of the Parade! http://www.metrosouthmedicalcenter.com/metrosouth/Home.aspx
– Moraine Valley Community College – Float – MVCC comes through again with a great float! We are so fortunate to have this type of quality education offered in Blue Island. http://www.morainevalley.edu/
– Pub Time – Float – What a great crew on the Float! Good addition to the Parade.
– Rock Island Public House – Float – Nicely decorated and tons of fun! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pub-Time/158894160834434
– Salvation Army – Decorated golf Cart and Hot Chocolate Truck – even though the weather was better than last year hot chocolate was certainly helpful! http://salarmychicago.org/blueisland/
– St. Benedict School – Walking Group – a great group…nicely lighted walkers! http://www.stbenbi.org/
– State Rep. Robert “Bob” Rita – Float – Beautifully decorated Float. We’re glad State Rep. Rita was available to participate! http://www.robertbobrita.com/
– Toy Con Toy Shows – Decorated Car – this Car was lit up like a Christmas Tree! Tons of lights! http://www.toycontoyshow.com/Newsletter.html
– The Trouble Makers Athletic Club – Float – What a great bunch in this Club. They do so much for the community. The Float was great. Thanks.
– Worth Junior High School Marching Band – Very well coordinated and a very talented! http://www.worthschools.org/
Thanks again to all of our great entries, the wonderful volunteers and all those who came out to watch the Parade! Happy Holidays!