Are you an unemployed or underemployed construction worker? Do you think you need more skills to compete in today’s job market? You might be eligible for 12 days of FREE classroom and on-site training that will help you:
- • Prepare for careers in weatherization, hazardous waste operations, and lead-safe work practices
- • Earn the certifications you need to qualify for employment
- • Receive additional assistance finding a job
The next training will be offered March 21 – April 7, 2011.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 312.554.5098.
- Weatherization Worker Training | 40 hours | Prep for BPI Certification
- Hazardous Waste Operations (HAZWOPER) Training | 40 hours | OHSA Certification
- Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting (RRP) Training | 8 hours | EPA Certification
Students interested in the next session must apply in-person at during TryOuts Day.
Date: Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Time: 8:00AM – 3:30PM
Location: OAI South Suburban Office, Bethlehem Temple Church (Rear Entrance) , 20 East 147th St, Harvey, IL 60426
Students should have the following qualifications:
- • Resident of Chicago or South Suburbs of Chicagoland
- • High School Diploma or GED
- • Drivers License (ability to easily commute to classes and project sites)
- • U.S. Citizen
- • Unemployed or Underemployed Worker
- • 1-3 years experience in construction trades OR completion of pre-apprenticeship program OR achievement in a nationally recognized construction-training certificate (e.g., NCCER or HBI:PACT).
- • 10th Grade Reading and Math Level
To ensure these qualifications are met, Delta Institute and OAI, Inc. will require proof of residency, proof of diploma/GED, resume or employment record, proof of income or lack of employment, and completion of a skills-assessment test.